Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Hive Gallery: Master Blasters of Sculpture 3

The Hive Gallery's November show is sculpture only. I wanted to try my hand at it. Not being a sculptor, I needed to keep my project simple and manageable. Having just returned from a short camping trip to Yosemite, I found my inspiration: the gray clay reminded me of gray Yosemite rock, which reminded me of The Three Graces rock formation, which reminded me of the cheeky blue birds with the pointed crowns (Steller's Jay) that hopped through the campground whenever there was a possibility of food handouts. Thus, the spire-like bodies topped by animal heads. 
"The Three Graces: Bird, Rabbit, Cat" in their state of gray and all dressed up for the Hive's opening reception: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 8 p.m - 12:30 a.m. Show runs through November 26th.




No comments:

Post a Comment